Bob's Lil Car Hospital Team
- Seated: Kevena & Charlie Zimmerman, Owners
Back Row: Barbara, Mike, Ken, Zac, Jeremy, Loretta
Kevena Zimmerman, Owner
- I started working at Bob's Lil Car Hospital in June of 2005. I have been in the industry for over 30 years with ASE certifications in Service Consultant and Part Specialist. I started in the automotive industry by buying an old Nissan truck when I was 17 which needed a paint job and some minor body and engine work. My Uncle Fred worked with me and helped me to do those repairs in my father's garage. I married my high school sweetheart, Charlie in 1981. He was working on his own vehicles and vehicles of his family and members of our church in the shop on the family farm in Grays River, WA. I would go out to the shop to hand him tools and he taught me to care for my own vehicle; such as changing the oil, rotating the tires and putting on snow chains.
We opened our own auto repair business in 1988 which we operated for 5 years. Charlie did the diagnostics and repairs and I worked in the office.
In 1994 Charlie took an opportunity to move to Alaska to work for Snap-On Tools as a technical representative. I started working at a repair shop doing customer service and service advising. We lived in AK for 10 years and returned to Longview in the fall of 2004. He started working for Bob and Laurie Ireton a month after we moved back, and I was quickly recruited to help in the office 8 months later. When Bob and Laurie decided to retire, it was a natural transition for us to purchase the business on March 1, 2020.
Charlie and I have 2 children and 3 wonderful grandchildren who are the delight of my life. Family is a vital part of my life. My daughter generously lets the children come and stay with us for about 8-10 weekends and 1 week a year. I have a sign in my family room which says: "What happens at Grandma's house never happened" We spend our time together playing board games, doing crafts and of course eating too many snacks!
I love the water! Snorkeling and jet skiing are my favorite activities, but I also love swimming, water skiing and a good water balloon fight! I love gardening and working outside. Charlie and I are very active at our church, Faith Center Church in Kelso where we work with the children. I organize a very large carnival on Halloween called "Light the Night" where we have up to 30 game stations made by Charlie in his woodworking shop. I also love hosting our extended family of up to 40 people, every Christmas and Easter.
Lastly, I love a good clean Dad joke! To quote Buddy the Elf: "I love laughing. Laughing is my favorite!"
Charlie Zimmerman, Owner
- I started working at Bob's Lil Car Hospital November 1, 2004 as the lead diagnostic technician. When Bob and Laurie decided to retire at the end of February 2020 it was a natural transition for my wife and I to buy the business. Our desire is to continue the great customer service people have come to appreciate and expect at Bob's Lil Car Hospital.
I have been working in the automotive industry for about 43 years. I am an ASE certified Master Mechanic in gasoline and diesel engines with the L1 & L2 certifications for advanced diagnostics. I have multiple other certifications including MACS (air conditioning.) I taught automotive technology for 25 years as a second job putting in about 2,500 hours teaching and about 9,500 hours study time for those classes.
My love for mechanics started as a child living on the family farm and working with the farming equipment. My father encouraged me by allowing me to take apart broken equipment, lawn mowers and TVs to see how they worked and try to get them operational again, usually without success. As a child I would also build model cars, airplanes and rockets. My older brothers who were into chemistry would blow them up! I would gather all the pieces and put the models back together so they could build a bigger explosive until the fragments were to small and too scattered for me to repair. My first car was a 1968 Pontiac Firebird which I worked on building it into a nice muscle car.
I came from a large family of 6 boys and 1 girl and parents who were married for over 55 years. I have been married to my high school sweetheart since 1981. We have 2 children and 3 grandchildren.
In my off time I enjoy working outside landscaping and playing in the water. I enjoy jet skiing/ wake jumping and snorkeling. I also enjoy wood working and home improvement projects. I like spending time with my family. Getting together with all my brothers and sister and all the nieces and nephews. It's a large but fun-loving crowd. I am very active in my church Faith Center Church in Kelso where I work with the children and help with computer and building maintenance.
I would say my greatest love and joy is spending time with my grandchildren losing at playing board games, laughing and playing outside.
- I started working at Bob's Lil Car Hospital at the end of July 2020. My interest in the automotive spurred from my Husband who has been in the industry for 20 years. Since I was 15 years old, I have worked in customer service because I love the interactions with people. Throughout my journey I have been in management, sales, human resources, and safety compliance. I have some college but mostly certifications from training events. This experience has led me to where I am now, and I am excited to build upon it.
I was born and raised in Lewis County by my Mother. My Husband and I have been married for 6 years and combined we have 5 kids, 4 boys and 1 girl. They are all highly active in sports and other hobbies. I have had a side business doing portrait photography for 3 years and I spend time on it during the weekends. I enjoy quality time with my family and close friends. Whenever possible I like to get out and enjoy the fresh air either hiking, kayaking, sight-seeing or finding new places to see.
In the short time since I have been here, I have learned so much more than I thought possible. I have come to understand just how complicated modern vehicles have become and I am excited to keep learning.
- I have been working at Bob's Lil Car Hospital since December 2016. I have been working in the automotive industry for about 25 years. I am ASE certified in brakes, engine management, electric and service consultant. I started working as a mechanic and then moved into the front office to work with customers and became a service advisor. I enjoy working with people and solving their automotive problems. Bob and Laurie hired in me in 2016 to help them manage the shop so they could start enjoying more time off.
I grew up in the hot rod environment as my dad had hot rods and motorcycles. I would help my dad fix and restore his hot rods. When I was old enough to drive, I would work on my own cars and trucks.
I am married with four children, two of whom still live at home. I love my small town of Winlock. Every year my wife and I help with organizing the Egg Days festival. I have coached the youth wrestling team for years. All four of my children are wrestlers and I have been their coach.
I really enjoy classic cars, especially pre war automobiles. I enjoy being outside camping and fishing. I enjoy taking my children on hikes and exploring this great state we live in.
- I started working at Lil Car Hospital in September 1989. Here I have honed my mechanical skills and have become the resident Subaru expert. I am ASE certified and have attended numerous evening classes in an effort to stay current in the ever-changing automotive technology.
I started working on cars as a young child. I was my father's official "flashlight holder." I was fascinated watching my father work on the family car and that got me interested in how things work. I later got a job at a full-service gas station and as they say, "The rest is history."
I was raised the oldest of five with four younger sisters. Being the oldest and looking out for my younger sisters taught me responsibility and the need to help others. My parents were married for 47 years until my mother lost her fight with cancer.
When not working I enjoy being outside hunting, fishing, golfing and camping/ hiking. I also enjoy working on my own classic car.
- I started working at Bob's Lil Car Hospital in June of 2014 after receiving my Associates Degree in Automotive Technology from Lower Columbia College. I am also certified by MACS for Air Conditioning maintenance and repair.
I started riding dirt bikes at a young age which meant helping my dad with the maintenance and repairs. The love of riding dirt bikes in the fields transitioned into competitive racing on the track. When I became old enough to drive, I would repair my own cars.
After serving four years in the Army, I married my lifelong friend in 2014 and we have two boys who are active in sports: wrestling, football, basketball and Jiu Jitsu.
Spending time with my family is a priority. We enjoy being outside camping, hiking, fishing and off roading. I also enjoy hunting, racing, fitness, Mixed Martial Arts and Jiu-Jitsu.
- I started working at Bob's Lil Car Hospital in August of 2018, after 14 years of working here locally in Cowlitz County and on the coast.
I have been officially working in the automotive industry since I was 20 years old but my exposure and passion for the industry started at a much younger age. My first industry "job" was at five years old, going to work with my dad where I learned to clean out carburetors. I grew up fixing and building cars with my dad as well as attending VW car shows all over the Pacific Northwest. In High School, I attended Lower Columbia College's Automotive Technologies Program to formalize my education. I have continued to stay on top of my craft by attending hundreds of hours of continuing education through ASE, CTI, SRWP and other automotive education courses/ training.
On my off time when I am not working on cars, I enjoy spending time with my family! My greatest passion and other full-time job is raising four young gentlemen. Family is very important to me; I coach my son's football team and prioritize Sunday dinners with my parents and siblings. I watch a lot of football and try to fish as much as I can.
- I was hired as a receptionist/ office assistant in May of 2020. Although I did not have much automotive knowledge, my boss thought I had a great smile and personality. I definitely have the will to work hard and learn. Vehicles today are so complex but I am eager to learn what is needed to help customers. Every year vehicles keep changing with each manufacturer trying to outdo the other with new and better conveniences.
Family and church are my priorities when I am not at work. I have 3 children and 3 grandchildren whom I adore. I love baking and cooking for my family. Caring and feeding people is a great joy to me. I am very active in my church (Faith Center of Kelso) and enjoy meeting new people. I enjoy being a behind the scenes support. I enjoy taking long quiet walks on the beach. Breathing in the ocean air and the exercise is very relaxing and rejuvenating. I also love shopping and enjoy the challenge and satisfaction of getting a great bargain and stretching every dollar as far as possible.